The Truth About Cleaning Mold With Bleach
When it comes to the correct way to handle a fungus cleanup job, there are many misconceptions people have that can lead to an inadequate cleaning job and an even larger mold problem. One common error people make when cleaning mold is using bleach on the affected surface believing that it is effective at killing mold. Here is some information on why you should never pull out this chemical when removing fungus and how to correctly handle mold growth in your business.
Can I Clean Mold on My Own?
If you have found mold growing in your business in Oak Tree Village, TX, you will need to first determine if the fungus cleanup job is small enough to handle on your own or if you will need the help of a mold damage cleanup company. If mold has just been found in a small, concentrated area, the following methods can be effective:
- Spray area with hydrogen peroxide
- Apply vinegar to the mold
- Scrub surfaces with a baking soda solution
It is important to remember that a mold problem can often be worse than it looks. While keeping humidity levels low, addressing leaks, and cleaning up spills can help prevent mold from growing, if a problem does exist it’s often best to call in the professionals to cleanup mold.
Does Bleach Kill Mold?
While bleach is effective for addressing a variety of cleaning needs, getting rid of mold is not one of them. This chemical is not very effective at killing mold and loses its effectiveness over time. Additionally, it can only address mold on the area’s surface and will not get rid of any fungus that has made its way into a porous material, such as wood.
While no one wants to find mold growing in their business, proper fungus cleanup can stop mold in its tracks and prevent the problem from getting worse. Just make sure to leave ineffective chemicals in the cabinet, and don’t hesitate to call in the professionals.